How To Make Your Own Leads
Fishing is more than a sport or entertainment, fishing is an art because it involves a lot of work and dedication, but fishing is not only about going to the water to catch fish as many think, for those who are thinking of entering this Beautiful world of fishermen.
At present it is difficult to save without lowering the quality of our equipment of fishing in fishing materials like reeds, reels or threads of fishing great quality as those that we can find in the web pescacosmar. It is for this reason that now we present a report that surely interests you as it allows you to save a good money a year without lowering the quality of the material to use.
If you are a fisherman but you have the desire to learn how to make your own fishing leads, we recommend that you read this article carefully as you will be able to master the technique of creating fishing leads.
To start with the manufacture of your own leads so you can save a little money and also be able to customize them to your taste and craving, you will need to have certain materials that are essential to perform this work, which are:
- An old pit containing a small nozzle that makes it easy to pour themolten lead, make it one that is no longer used in your home so as not to spoil a useful appliance in the house.
- A set of pliers or pliers
- Water in abundance
- An old spoon that is no longer used at home
- One or several molds
- Pressure tweezers
- A heat source such as an electric stove or propane
- You will need lead, you can use the old leads that you have awaited, or you can look for the material in some junkyard, in these places usually they will give it to you, but if not, make sure not to pay too much money for the raw material.
- And a safety equipment, we recommend that it should contain thick gloves, goggles, mask to avoid breathing toxic components of lead and a protective gabacha against possible splashes.
- Stainless steel rods or cable
- As a recommendation, wear old clothes when doing this process, as well as shoes in poor condition, but the latter should also be thick-so that if for some reason they get to step on something hot, give them time to withdraw the shoe before Of burning your foot.
Having all these tools at hand, you should only find a suitable place to carry out the process, the place you use also requires certain basic criteria, which are:
- That it be broad, that allows the free mobilization
- Have at least two tables to place our materials
- It must have electricity and at least one light bulb in case there is a need for more clarity
- The room you use should not be locked, if you use the garage, try to leave the door open for air to circulate perfectly
- Check that the place where you do this process, have emergency exits and if possible have a fire extinguisher in that place.
- Now that you have the tools and the right place, let’s go to the next point that is the development of your own fishing leads.
7. Procedure For The Development Of Fishing Leads:
- Before starting make sure you have all your safety equipment in place, do not forget that safety comes first and since we will be handling molten material at high temperature, we should not take it lightly.
- First step: you must take the stainless steel rods or the cable, and cut it to a measure of approximately 9 or 10 centimeters in length, this for those who like short rods, but if you prefer larger rods you can do it from 14 to 15 centimeters, After having cut them it will be necessary that we make a small fold in one of the ends, this one will be placed in the part where the lead will go and will serve like point of grip so that the lead is fixed to the rod and does not slide.
- Step two: prepare the molds, take the molds that will use and place the rods in position, of course if you plan to use hooks, it is also the time to place them into the mold in the correct position.
- Once this is done, we must use a pair of pressure clamps to exert certainty on the molds and thus prevent them from opening and that the leads will be lost or that the molten lead may fall on us and cause a very serious burn.
- Third step: we take the old stove we have got and we put it to heat, we must make sure that it does not contain any liquid or garbage inside it since the presence of any of these components could spoil our plumb.
- After this we proceed to melt the lead, we must introduce our old lead in the pot or the one we have obtained in the junkyard, we wait a few minutes until it is completely melted, after that we take the spoon and remove all the impurities that have been Accumulated in the upper part of the newly-cast lead, this step is of the utmost importance, since otherwise, when the lead is poured into the molds, the new lead will not be optimal and will have an outer shell that will be peeled in a short time, So there is also a great possibility that there are holes in the interior.
- After removing the impurities, place them in a safe place and then discard them, we should not try to reuse this material because it is not of good quality.
- Fourth step: we fill the molds with extreme caution, at this point we must also have the mask on because it is very likely that we can inhale toxic gases, when we pour the lead, we should not put it on top of it to avoid spills.
- When you completely fill all the molds, let them stand for a few minutes to cool completely.
- Fifth step: we will remove the molds very carefully and extract our new weights.
- With the help of a clamp or pliers, we must remove the excess lead that has accumulated in the part where we have filled the mold, we should not worry if removing the lead from the mold we noticed that it has a protuberance on one side since that part is Which we must cut, taking extreme care not to damage the design of the new lead.
- Ready now our leads are ready to be used
- Sixth step(optional): with a cutter or a piece of fine sandpaper, we can give the task of carving the small details of the new lead, such as the edge where we have removed the excess lead left at the time of filling the mold, This can be done easily with the cutter.
With the fine sandpaper would only give any touch that we want, if we want.
Another practice that is also optional at this time of having finished with the manufacture of our leads, is to decorate them, we can use bright colored paint to decorate them and thus make them more attractive for fish, remember that the more colorful the lures for fish , But would sting.
And this is how we manage to manufacture all kinds of new fishing leads at any time, and the best thing about this procedure is that they have been extremely economical and the added value they have for having made it with our own.
How To Make Molds For Fishing Leads
We have already seen how to make our own fishing leads, but this procedure only works if you have a mold, and many of these molds are a little expensive and difficult to get, so it is essential that we learn to make our own molds to make weights. Fishing, you will see that if we follow these simple steps, in a short time we can make many molds and the best of this is that we can make them the size and shape that we want.
To do this task you can use different materials, but first we will use plaster as it is very resistant and easy to work as well as it is resistant to high temperatures.
List Of Materials To Use
- 2 kg of gypsum to prepare
- 2 plasticine bars used by children at school, bars should be large, not thin
- Leads that will serve as molds, so choose the designs that you like
- Wooden sticks
- A plastic container that is deep to make mold
- An old container to merge the plaster
- A wooden pallet to mix the plaster
- Cooking oil or mineral oil, you can also use spray oil
With the materials ready, we have to find a suitable place to do this process, it must be a place where it does not matter if we spill some plaster since you never know when accidents will happen.
When we have everything ready, we just have to follow these simple steps:
- We take the deep container that we will use for the mold, and inside it we put a layer of plasticine, this layer should be a little thick, enough so that the weights are half covered, we also have to place some little sticks on the top Of the lead, this will be the hole where we will introduce the molten lead.
- We put the weights on the plasticine and we exerted pressure so that they sink to the half
- We put oil on the lead and the plasticine, without leaving any free space, we will try to use abundant oil as this will avoid that the plaster is completely glued to the plasticine.
- Make the mixture of powdered gypsum with a little water to obtain the desired consistency.
- Pour the plaster over the mold, bone over the lead and plasticine that are inside the container, here we must add enough plaster to cover completely the leads
- We let it rest for just over an hour and then we take off the cast of the plasticine, but we leave the leads in place and the sticks as well.
- Put oil again in the plaster mold that we just removed, and put it in the container.
- We make more mixture of plaster and water, pour the plaster over the mold created from plaster that is already dry and hard
- We wait for an hour again and then we take off the two halves
- We remove the leads and sticks
- Ready our mold to make fishing leads, it is ready.
Now we must only hold it with a pressure clip and pour the molten lead and we will get our own leads made in the comfort of our home and made with our hands and wit.
Using the same technique we can make all kinds of molds and other materials such as mold rubber or cold porcelain, also the molds are well elaborated
No matter what we use, the results will be optimal and we will achieve our goal is to make homemade weights and at the same time save money on buying new weights to fish. If after reading all this you have entered laziness you can always use the best fishing leads you find in our online store www.pescacosmar.com
DIY HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FISHING LURES. HOW TO MAKE A S …
How to make your own lead weights
Hook ASARI DOBLE BARB ASSIST
ULTRA SHAD LIGHT
Rod Pod VIRUX STRIKE
Rapid Clip (x 6)
Stop doing these 8 things for your Teen this School Year …
Duncan Charmans World of Angling: My guide to catching big …
Looking for Central Coast Website Design? call Maximum Xposure
Kidoinfo’s List of Top 10 Toys for Kids
One designer made his own Nintendo Labo kits out of Lego …
How to Build a Smokehouse
Ginger & Chilli Chutney 295g
Top 5 Places to Explore around Bloomsburg – BUnow
Top 5 Stocking Filler Xmas Gifts Ideas for Carp Anglers …
Fishing sinker molds for making your own sinkers