Just have a look on the street to realize that the magrelas are multiplying. If until some time ago the bicycle was seen as a child’s toy or as an instrument in sports to athletes ornamented with special clothes and bikes speed, the scenario has changed. The very discussion on urban mobility has made a lot of people realize that the bicycle is a means of viable transportation, even in big cities. In addition to saving money and time, cycling is also way healthier to move around.See below the main benefits of cycling, listed by Rodrigo Poli, instructor of physical education.
Benefits of cycling:
- Improves cardiovascular health: cs stimulates blood circulation, promotes the health of the heart and lungs, among other organs.
- Lower blood pressure: Cycling, even though in a soft way, but often leaves the heart more “efficient”. That is, it takes less effort to pump the blood, which thus decreases the blood pressure.
- Speeds up metabolism: Ride a bike can be an excellent physical activity aerobics, responsible for a significant energy expenditure. The metabolism speeds up from the moment in which increases muscle mass.
- Lowers cholesterol: Studies show that cyclists eliminate the bad cholesterol (HDL) levels up to five times faster, because the particles that carry the HDL if metabolized with greater speed.
- Has low physical impact: there are No overloads of weight on the joints; however it is important to be aware of the terrain: if there are many irregularities in the path, you can do harm to joints.
- Strengthens the muscles: Cycling helps strengthen the muscles of the legs and the hip, but this only happens if the exercise is done at least three times per week and on a path of 30 to 40 minutes.
- Assists in weight loss: in Spite of the diet being the main factor to be taken into account in the fight with the scale, put the body in motion on the two wheels of the bike is a excellent ally against the overweight and obesity issues. An hour of pedal makes a person of 70 kg to lose from 180 to 300 calories, depending on the level of effort.
- Decreases stress: Cycling stimulates the release of hormones such as endorphin, which causes the relaxation, and serotonin, which helps to keep the good mood. To give you an idea, studies show that cycling between 30 and 60 minutes per day reduces by 50% the risk of depression.
How to start cycling
Although the ride to be recommended at any age, the teacher of physical education, warns that people on heart disease, labyrinthitis, or with injury to joints, spine and knees, should be aware of.
“The bicycle is the healthy as the means of transport, recreation, or maintenance of physical fitness, but, as with all physical activity before you start is indicated, a medical evaluation and physical to demonstrate fitness to practice,” explains Poli.
To pedal it takes energy and, for this, you can count with the several options of products in our portfolio. There are several options of Cookies, Cereal Bars, Granolas, and Food Supplements that will leave you with full force for the ride. Check it out!
The Benefits of Bulgarian Split Squats (Variation is Key …
Team demos potential environmental sustainability benefits …
A Daily Training Cycle
Granit Xhaka, Xherdan Shaqiri await FIFA judgment on …
Naturesbenefits Kenya 03 Water
Milk Nutrition Facts: Calories, Carbs, and Health Benefits
QUECHUA Backpacks Kids Outdoor Daypack Mini Small Bookbags …
Neil Young is still speakin’ out, with a new album and his …
Women’s Heather Supplex Tights Leggings for Cycling …
Lekker Bikes now shipping to New Zealand
World Cup Draw: Russia 2018 FIFA Football World Cup Pools …
Why Recycle? – REDUCE – REUSE
A Daily Training Cycle
Specialized Demo 8 II – Massachusetts Bike Shop
Key benefits Activ8 compared to conventional physical …
Infographics Benefit Vitamin C Healthy Fruit. Stock Vector …
What Is Barre Class and Are Barre Workouts Effective
First Spin Class is FREE!
UN Road Safety Week