Camps are holidays on the pulse of nature, in sun, rain and snow. A real camper can not really frighten winter temperatures. However, Wintercamping is not for “Warmduscher”. However, if you love the snow, the clear light of the winter and the simple life, you will find a parking space in Germany in the winter. About 220 campsites in Germany – from Sylt to the Bavarian Alps – are open all year round and are suitable for winter camping. The winter season runs from October to May.And you are well advised to choose a sunny place.
6 important facts:
- 1. Wintercamping – what is different from summer?
- 2. Winter holidays at the campsite – not really cheap fun
- 3. Warming strategies against “Father Frost”:
- 4. The awning in winter: refrigerator and drying room for clothes
- 5. Winter camping in the tent
- 6. You should think of that
1. Wintercamping – what is different from summer?
For the winter camping, only an estimated 700,000 campers in Germany and Austria could be enthusiastic. This has its advantages. Wintercams are often a “conspiratorial community” and who once discovered the charm of winter camping is often the “repeat offender”. The silence of the wintry nature, not a summery breeze on the campsite, creates a very special, homely atmosphere for which a winter camper also takes in the fact that the path to the sanitary facilities sometimes becomes a frosty shuddering part. Particularly popular are campsites close to ski resorts – in Bavaria alone, about 120 campsites are available for Wintercampen. During the day on the ski slopes, in the evening après-ski at the ice bar at the campsite – this type of winter holiday is a special experience. Thuringia also offers a number of attractive places for winter camping. The Wintercampen by the sea – with long beach walks under the cold winter sky – is all around healthy and has its fans. Christmas or New Year’s Eve at the campsite – rustic and natural – Christmas and the turn of the year are a memorable experience. Remember to make a reservation in advance. Well-equipped campsites for winter camping are specially bred over the holidays.
2. Winter holidays at the campsite – not really cheap fun
Basically, the stand charge on a campsite is usually cheaper than a hotel room. Depending on the number of people, the costs range from about 20 to 30 euros per day. However, you have to reckon with all sorts of additional costs for electricity/water and comfort extras. Comfort campsites offer sauna, tumble dryer and other extras. Long-term winter camper are however with flat rates of about 900 euros for the whole season or for several months much cheaper. Another cost factor is the winter equipment of your caravan or mobile home, if you do not want to run the risk of freezing and damage your camping vehicle.
3. Warming strategies against “Father Frost”:
- A heating system needs every winter camping site. Check before the holiday whether all hoses are cold-resistant and tight, and use only pure propane in winter. Butangas is not usable at cold temperatures. You should schedule about 3 kg of gas per day. A system with at least two gas bottles is recommended, which automatically switches when a bottle is empty. A heating device at the pressure regulator of the gas bottle prevents freezing of the regulator. Let the heater run even at night and in the case of a short absence.The temperature should not fall below 5 ° C.Do not forget to cover the access to the gas bottles.Otherwise, if necessary, you can get to the gas bottles badly.Caution with infrared gas emitters and catalytic heaters: They remove oxygen from the air.
- You have to store your water in winter in warm weather.Also the inlet and outlet pipes as well as the pump must never freeze (heating rods, frost monitors, camping mats).
- Make sure that the ventilation system is always free, and install a winter cover for the ventilation grille of the refrigerator.
- Extend the chimney pipe for the exhaust air – it has to end at least 10 cm above the roof superstructure, so that the exhaust air flow of the heater reaches unobstructed into the open, so that a perfect function is ensured and the chimney can not snow.
- You can insulate the long sides of your caravan in winter with caravan aprons.Release the narrow sides so that the air can circulate.
- Air your wintertime every day for a few minutes.Dry fresh air heats up faster.
- Before you heat for the first time, open all cabinet doors to prevent condensation in the cabinets.Check the cabinets at intervals, the floor under the mattresses and behind the seat cushions for condensation water and, if necessary, dry the areas.
4. The awning in winter: refrigerator and drying room for clothes
Wintercamping should not be left unattended.Make sure that as many bars as possible support the awning,Under the snow load.If you plan a longer holiday, it is worth laying a solid floor in the awning and heating it.This gives you more space.
5. Winter camping in the tent
You do not need to have a camping car or a camper to the Wintercamping. With a 4-season tent, you can also enjoy your Wintercamping – added on a simpler standard. A 4-seasons tent has a dust-proof inner tent above the floor anchored in the ground. Snorkelers prevent snow from entering the tent or the tent flies away. A winter tent is stable and is resistant to a snow storm. Of course you do not have the comfort of a heating in the tent. Therefore, the right choice of sleeping bag is crucial for a comfortable/warm night sleep. Pay attention to the manufacturer’s specifications for the temperature of the sleeping bag. Even when camping in winter the awning is indispensable:there must be sufficient space for wet clothes and shoes to keep the tent interior dry. Tip on Automotiveqna.com: Re-erect the tent before your holiday so you know how the construction works!
6. You should think of that
- Is your vehicle equipped with quality winter tires? Do you have snow chains in your luggage and do you know how to handle them? Otherwise, pull the snow chains before the beginning of the holiday.
- Take a camping mat for the front windscreen of your vehicle – through the simple glass panes in the motorhome otherwise loses a lot of heat.
- Remember to pack a ladder, snow bucket and snow plow.
- A flat surface is important, so that your Wintercamping-Domizil is also in case of thawing weather. If the ground is covered with snow or muddy, make sure that it can not sink.
In addition, there are also nice standings outside of campsites.
The picturesque village of Nesselwang in the Allgäu, for example, offers a mobile home with a beautiful view.
1.E.1.1. Students are able to recognize changes in weather …
Brain Freeze: 19 Interesting Facts About Winter
Snow, Facts and Winter games on Pinterest
Winter Break Reading Challenge: 5 Ways to Keep Reading …
Cormorant culling Top #6 Facts
921 best Life Hacks and Fun Facts images on Pinterest …
Winter Safety – VantagePoint Magazine
did you know?
17 Best images about Fun Facts Or Useless Knowledge? You …
What Makes The Holidays Unique [Infographic]
59 Cold Facts about Winter
WTF Facts : funny, interesting & weird facts
9 fun and interesting winter facts
50666 books of Inc. ICON Group International "Culling …
Mistletoe and Wine
6 facts about the winter solstice
9 fun and interesting winter facts
Winter Fun! Basic Subtraction Facts
Mr. Joystu Dutta and Dr. Pramod Kumar Ecology and …